Disclaimer: The timelines below are approximate, not guaranteed. To prevent delays, you must reply promptly to our requests and submit all documents in a timely manner.
Things you’ll need before you begin:
- Practice location/office that is publicly listed that you don’t plan to change anytime soon. Changing addresses during the credentialing process is not possible and we’ll have to charge an extra fee to do it after that, so be sure of your location! (Note: Home-based providers are required to have a physical address that will be posted on public directory websites, P.O. boxes are not accepted.)
- Tax ID number. If you don’t have one, visit the IRS website to apply. If you want to use your SSN, that’s possible, but not recommended. Talk to your accountant.
- State License. An active state-issued medical license for your specialty is required.
- Malpractice insurance with minimum limits of $1 million/$3 million.
- NPI number. You can get one here.
Step 1: We gather your information
- We collect your practice demographics, license, malpractice insurance policy, and other supporting documents.
- We generate your CAQH account. Already have one? We’ll vet it for red flags that may slow down or invalidate your credentialing.
- We move quickly. You’ll need to move quickly too!
Timeline: 1 week
Step 2: We help you pick your carriers
Which companies should you apply for? We help you determine the best choices for your practice.
- Eligibility. Which companies are you eligible to apply for?
- Goals. Are you interested in seeing more patients, or refining your practice to increase your profits?
- Opportunities. Your patients may be insured through regional carriers. Should you apply with those carriers?
Timeline: 1-2 days.
Step 3: We submit your applications & follow up
- After submitting your application, we call the carrier to confirm receipt.
- 60-120 business days: we call regularly for status updates and respond to requests for further information.
- Once you’re in network, we confirm the effective date. If necessary, we fix any mistakes the carrier made when recording your information.
- Be attentive to phone calls and letters from the carrier. If they contact you for any reason, tell us right away. We’re counting on you!
Timeline: 3-6 months (but sometimes longer).
PLEASE NOTE: Telehealth ONLY is no longer an option now that the pandemic is officially over. All providers must be willing to do in-person visits to be credentialed with some of our carriers.