Things you’ll need before you begin:
- Practice location that you don’t plan to change anytime soon. Changing during the credentialing process is not possible and we’ll have to charge an extra fee to do it after that, so be sure of your location!
- Tax ID number. If you don’t have one, visit the IRS website to apply. If you want to use your SSN, that’s ok, too.
- State License. An active state-issued medical license for your specialty is required. If you are a student waiting to receive your license, we may be able to begin the credentialing process on a provisional basis. Contact us for further details.
- Malpractice insurance with minimum limits of $1 million/$3 million.
- NPI number. You can get one here.
Step 1: We gather your information
- We collect your practice demographics, license, malpractice insurance policy, and other supporting documents.
- We generate your CAQH account. Already have one? We’ll vet it for red flags that may slow down or invalidate your credentialing.
- We move quickly. You’ll need to move quickly too!
Timeline: 1 week.
Step 2: We help you pick your carriers
Which companies should you apply for? We help you determine the best choices for your practice.
- Eligibility. Which companies are you eligible to apply for?
- Goals. Are you interested in seeing more patients, or refining your practice to increase your profits?
- Opportunities. Your patients may be insured through regional carriers. Should you apply with those carriers?
Timeline: 1-2 days.
Step 3: We submit your applications & follow up
- 2 weeks after submitting your application, we call the carrier to confirm receipt.
- 45-60 days: we call regularly for status updates and respond to requests for further information.
- Once you’re in network, we confirm the effective date. If necessary, we fix any mistakes the carrier made when recording your information.
- Be attentive to phone calls and letters from the carrier. If they contact you for any reason, tell us right away. We’re counting on you!
Timeline: 3-6 months (but sometimes longer).